January 7th, 2012
(as of 2012-12-04 21:13:00 PST)
(as of 2012-12-04 21:13:00 PST)
Frisby PC Computer Laptop USB 2.0 Game Controller Pad Dual- Shock by Frisby
DescriptionPC Computer Laptop USB 2.0 Game Controller Pad Add a thrilling dimension to your PC games with dual vibration feedback motors. Experience every bone-rattling crash and blind-side hit. Feels great in your hands and gives you all the controls you need to dominate the competition. The Frisby game controller for PC, Computer, Laptops makes your games more realistic that you will feel every crash, hit, explosion, and more with its Dual Vibration Feedback motors. Works great for any normal NES or SNES emulation, and feels just like a PS2 game controller and comes with 1 year warranty. Most game controllers last for only couple months, thus our 1 year warranty shows high confident in Frisby game controllers. Soft-touch bottom and specially designed textured rubber grips allows you to get a solid grip. It's the ultimate precision instrument, whether you're going for the tackle, the kill, the gold, or the finish line. The comfortable grip keeps you at the top of your game for hours of play. Double Analog control : Feel the performance edge with double analog sticks and smooth, precise control with digital buttons and smooth 360-degree action. Dual joystick precision helps hit every target, every time Turbo and Normal Mode : Switch from turbo mode to normal mode or from normal mode to Turbo with a click of a button Plug and Play : Compatible with all PC,and Laptop and any PC games operating with Windows 98/2000/ME/XP/VISTA. Simply plug and play, no driver required Contents: PC Game Controler with USB Cable Requirements: 64 MB RAM* 20 MB of available hard disk space* PC with Pentium processor or compatible * PC with Pentium processor or compatible USB port Windows 98 ME 2000 XP Vista Related Video
"We will not offer a Death Star-based map," the manager said. "But stay tuned for details around the maps we will offer."
There will be a total of 12 maps available on day one, with more presumably to come later as DLC.
We already knew that Battlefront will not include space battles, but the DICE manager teased that if the studio gets to work on a sequel, "I think it's a safe bet to say we will look into it."
DICE also confirmed that there will be Star Destroyers flying by in the sky on other maps, but you will not be able to shoot them down.
For lots more on Battlefront, which launches November 17, check out GameSpot's in-depth interview with DICE general manager Patrick Bach.
Check out the two images below; the remastered version is on the left, while the original is on the right. Be sure to use the slider to compare the two images and note the differences and improvements.
The Darksiders II Death-initive edition runs at an improved 1080p resolution, but there are also character model changes and new lighting effects.
"When we thought about what we wanted to do for the Deathinitive edition of Darksiders II, obviously we wanted to run in native 1080p and increase the resolution of the textures," design director John Pearl said in a statement. "Additionally, we decided to rewrite the renderer to be physically based like a lot of other current generation game engines."
"What this means visually is metal, leather, stone, and skin look and respond to light as you would expect them to in the real world. This new rendering method meant we revisited every texture and surface in the game, reworking and re-authoring them for the new renderer. To take full advantage of these texture changes, we've also gone back and relit the entire game."
Outside of the visual upgrade, the new version of Darksiders II comes with refinements to the game's balancing and loot distribution systems. Also included is all previously released downloadable content.
Leading development on Darksiders II Death-initive edition is Gunfire Games. This studio is staffed almost entirely by people who worked on the Darksiders franchise at creator Vigil Games before its closure. The game launches this winter for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Looking ahead, Nordic Games--which acquired the Darksiders franchise from THQ when the company went bankrupt--has said it has plans for a third game in the series.
Speaking with GameSpot, lead designer Kurt Margenau said Naughty Dog is targeting 60fps for the game's multiplayer mode, though he wouldn't commit to a figure for the single-player campaign.
"If you look at the demo, and just how much is happening on the screen...physics...It's insane," Margenau said about the new single-player Uncharted 4 demo from E3.
Naughty Dog said previously that getting Uncharted 4 to run at 60fps has been "really f**king hard." That doesn't mean it won't happen, and with the game now scheduled to launch in 2016 instead of 2015, Naughty Dog would conceivably have more time to perform additional optimizations.
But one thing is for sure: Naughty Dog wants to do what's best for Uncharted 4, even if that means a frame rate below 60fps.
"We want Uncharted to look like the best game we can possibly make," Margenau said. "Solid frame rate is the most important thing; that it's consistent. But in multiplayer, we are targeting 60fps still. So we know how it feels on the stick to have [60fps] for a multiplayer game, to have that responsiveness."
In terms of resolution, Uncharted 4 will be 1080p.
For lots more on Uncharted 4, check out GameSpot's in-depth interview with co-director Neil Druckmann.
Speaking during a panel held at Metrocon, voice actor Nolan North indicated that the project was reworked when The Last of Us creative director Neil Druckmann and game director Bruce Straley took over.
According to North, the development team had "shot eight months of her story and it was all thrown away."
"Amy is still a very dear friend of mine and she's brilliant," North continued. "But the Last of Us guys were the next team there, so they took over and they just wanted their own flavour. They got rid of some of the other people that were involved and just redid their thing."
Discussing the changes, North said Uncharted 4 will "be fun," but added "the tone is going to be slightly different" from Hennig's original vision.
"It has to be, you know," he said. "You can't have a Robert Ludlum novel that's going to be the same as Stephen King. It's just that they're different styles. But it's true to the story."
Elaborating on the direction the project went following Hennig's departure, North said the story is still "going to be along the same lines," but he didn't know anything beyond that.
"I don't how it'll affect the [game] and to be honest, I am just as curious as everyone to see what the final product will look like."
"I do know there's trust with the Naughty Dog designers and programmers. That place is still top notch and from the things I've seen, all the stuff they've done, it's amazing."
Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog in March 2014. Though it was not confirmed, reports indicated she was allegedly "forced out" by Druckmann and Straley.
Hennig is currently co-writing a Star Wars title for EA which will be developed by Dead Space studio Visceral Games. The game will be reminiscent of LucasArts' ill-fated Star Wars: 1313 and the Uncharted series.
Following a delay, PlayStation exec Andrew House confirmed the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End's release date will arrive before April 2016.
According to its director, the PS4 exclusive will close the curtain on the story of Nathan Drake. Read GameSpot's full Uncharted 4 interview with Neil Druckmann for more on the game.
Though Perception's Kickstarter campaign has ended, The Deep End Games will continue to accept pledges through its website.
Extra funds will go towards achieving some of the game's stretch goals, which includes virtual reality support ($340,000), and PlayStation 4 ($350,000) and Xbox One ($350,000) versions. The game is currently confirmed only for PC, and is scheduled to launch in June 2016.
"We are completely overwhelmed, overjoyed, and humbled at the reception our game has received," The Deep End Games said in a statement. "This has been the most exciting, exhilarating month and we have you to thank.
"We are so proud to be able to make this game thanks to you. Words cannot express the level of gratitude and sheer joy this has brought us, and we can't wait to make this game and put it in your hands!"
The Deep End Games has also released a new gameplay trailer (above), as well as another video (below) that highlights Perception's new "Mode 7," which is a retro-inspired mode. You can also watch another video here that covers a "Silent Night Mode," in which the protagonist only speaks for plot-critical lines.
For lots more on Perception, check out GameSpot's interview with The Deep End Games founder Bill Gardner. He worked at Irrational Games for more than a decade, recently serving as design director for BioShock Infinite.
Capcom's Francis Mao will moderate the panel, which will be made up of "Street Fighter experts," including executive producer Yoshinori Ono.
"Who knows what exclusives, surprises, and hijinks are in store?" reads a line from the event's official description."
The Street Fighter V presentation will also bring news about the Capcom Pro Tour competitive gaming event, as well as a first look at some new Street Fighter licensed products.
Capcom has held Street Fighter panels at Comic-Con for the past few years.
Street Fighter V launches in 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PC. The game will never be released on Xbox One thanks to exclusivity arrangement with Sony.
Last week at E3 2015, Capcom announced new Street Fighter V characters and confirmed the start date for the game's upcoming beta.
Speaking at a panel held at Metrocon, which was recorded and posted online, North--known for playing Nathan Drake--discussed the departure of Uncharted writer Amy Hennig from Naughty Dog, and her current project co-writing a new Star Wars game for EA.
According to North, EA and Visceral's game is modelled after Naughty Dog's Uncharted series.
"If you're a big fan of Amy Hennig and her style of story, she's gone to EA and is going to reboot a brand new Star Wars franchise in the style of Uncharted," he said. "I happen to know a lot about it and it's going to be awesome."
Asked if Hennig's Star Wars project was 1313, North said "it's different," but "along the same lines."
Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog in March 2014. At the time, reports indicated she was allegedly "forced out" by Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, creative director and game director respectively on The Last of Us. This was not confirmed, however.
Druckmann and Straley are now heading up development on Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.
In 2013, Disney and Electronic Arts signed an agreement to make the Battlefield publisher the exclusive creator of console Star Wars games going forward. A year later, it was confirmed Hennig would co-write a new Star Wars game in development at Dead Space studio Visceral Games.
Shortly before the announcement, Hennig tweeted a picture of herself having breakfast with her co-writer Todd Stashwick, as well as North and Lord of the Rings actor Dominic Monaghan, who was wearing a Star Wars-themed t-shirt.
Visceral Games' Star Wars title is rumored to be an open-world game, though EA has yet to provide any concrete details on the game.
Star Wars 1313 was originally announced at E3 2012 as a third-person action adventure game from LucasArts. Early footage of the game, which was set to feature Boba Fett as its protagonist, was very reminiscent of Uncharted.
Star War 1313 was cancelled in April 2013 when Disney closed LucasArts. Following this, Disney abandoned its trademark for Star Wars 1313 and the game's creative director, Dominic Robilliard, joined the PlayStation team, all but confirming the project had been scrapped enitrely.
It's a big change for one of the biggest franchises in gaming. To dive deeper into the subject, we spoke with Adam Boyes, the PlayStation VP of Publisher & Developer Relations.
As you might expect, Boyes shied away from discussions specifics about the business terms of the deal, but he did offer some general insight into how the partnership came to be and what it means.
"Well, I think the first thing was we've had a great relationship with Activision around Destiny," Boyes said. "And I'm a huge fan of that."
Sony's partnership with Activision for Destiny has been a deep one, with PlayStation fans getting all manner of Destiny content before Xbox players. Sony has even said that it is treating Destiny like a first-party game in some ways.
Boyes went on to say that Activision invited Boyes and his team on a trip to see Black Ops III in person. It didn't take long for Sony to be convinced that this was a game worth getting involved with.
"We fell in love instantly," Boyes said about Black Ops III, going on to describe the game as "transformative" for its various new features.
"As soon as I started playing it, I said, 'This feels incredible! You can wallride!' It's just so smooth; it's almost like poetic. And so obviously, we just continued talking with our partners at Activision and worked something out. And now we've got I think a great benefit to all the gamers."
Not only will all Black Ops III DLC launch first on PlayStation platforms, but the game's multiplayer beta will also premiere on PlayStation before coming to Xbox and PC.
Sony's exclusivity deals with Destiny and now Call of Duty may not be the last. Earlier this year, Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House said these kinds of third-party exclusivity arrangements are central to Sony's business strategy going forward.
For more on Black Ops III, check out GameSpot's hands-on impressions from E3 via the links below.
Speaking in an interview with Forbes, Miyamoto said he is focusing his efforts on developing games, instead of participating to hardware development, as he has done in the past.
"I've pulled myself back out of some of the hardware section and I'm really focused on some of the software I'm involved in--for example, the new Starfox game," he said.
"Of course, I am observing and looking at the hardware, but I am not actively participating and making decisions."
Nintendo has confirmed its next home console is codenamed the NX, but the company has said it does not plan to fully reveal the hardware until 2016.
According to Forbes, however, Nintendo was discussing the console with third-parties at E3 2015 and insiders say the reception was "positive."
Shinya Takashi, who oversees Nintendo's software planning and development division with Miyamoto, said the duo are now focused on catching "the attention of a large number of players again and [getting] them excited."
"We’re constantly thinking about this idea from the perspective of the players and the needs of the players in terms of what can we can do with our ability and our technology to capture that excitement and passion," he said.
Elsewhere in the interview, Miyamoto reflected on the performance of the Wii U, saying he feels "people never really understood the concept behind the Wii U and what [Nintendo] was trying to do."
'I think the assumption is we were trying to create a game machine and a tablet and really what we were trying to do was create a game system that gave you tablet-like functionality for controlling that system and give you two screens that would allow different people in the living room to play in different ways," he explained.
"Unfortunately, because tablets, at the time, were adding more and more functionality and becoming more and more prominent, this system and this approach didn’t mesh well with the period in which we released it.”
At E3 2015, Nintendo revealed Star Fox Zero, which is being co-developed by Platinum Games, the studio behind Wii U titles Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101.